Alright, so it’s not for most people. And even though it took me, what, three months to find 21 ways that 21 showed up in my life it is finally complete and I am ready to share them all with you!
Before I do, I know some of them are a stretch. But I was struggling and so I used them! 🙂
1. First and foremost is the fact that Samantha and I were in the Daylight video at 6:21 randomly and totally out of my control. If that’s not fate, then I don’t know what is. Here’s the clip of us at that exact moment.
2. One day over Christmas break my family and I sat down to play Uno. I got stuck with 21 points twice in a row…
3. Then the next hand, Scott (my brother) got stuck with 21.
4. Matt has a rebate card from when he bought tires and I happened to take a look at it: It expires in August of 2021.
5. The world was supposed to end on Dec. 21.
6. On December 21 my family and I went out to eat and played some Keno. I didn’t have any money that night so I didn’t play my normal numbers. It’s too bad because 8 and 21 came out a whole bunch that night.
7. I work at the customer service desk at my job and with that comes cashing checks. In order to do so, I have to check people’s IDs. The weirdest thing happened one day: I met someone with 8/21/1991 birthday… exact same as me!
8. Then two weeks later, someone else came with an 8/21 birthday.
9. I also do lottery at the service desk and when someone wins big on a scratch ticket you have to scratch off the little code in order to cash it. Well, one day I scratched an 821 code.
10. We (at Westfield State) went back to school on January 21. (It’s out of order, so what!)
11. The midday number on January 17 was 7821.
It’s a little blurry because I wasn’t supposed to be using my phone at work (sorry, boss!) but I figured it was for a good cause.
12. Red Sox start spring training on February 21 (TOMORROW!!)
13. When we got back to school, some of my roommates and I wanted to play poker, but we didn’t have any chips. So, to be creative, we gathered up all of our spare change and scattered it evenly. Samantha had exactly 21 cents.
14. I was either blocking or putting tags up in the cereal aisle at work one day (if you don’t know what blocking is, you’re lucky) and I happened to see a cereal that would be expired on August 21.
15. Matt’s dad’s birthday is February 21… my half birthday!
16. Okay, here’s where it gets a little.. uh… stretchy? Adam Levine’s birth month and day (March — 3 — 18) equals 21 😀
17. I bought some Big Y mac and cheese and there was a random code on the top and one of them was A21.
18. I play this silly bingo game called Bingo Bash and I very rarely win. On one occasion that I did win, I won with I21!
19. This one is also a little bit out there, but I love Nicholas Sparks. So much so that I have read 14 of his novels and seen 7 of his movies…. 21. 🙂
20. I am also a tour guide at my school and in the beginning of the spring semester the tours are pretty small. On the first tour I think I had four people, but one of the girls’ birthdays was 5/21.
21. Tuesday was the first tour of the February vacation tours and so they were huge! We had 60 people total and one of the girls’ birthdays in that tour was 8/21.
I have some other spooky things that have nothing to do with 21 but are still worth mentioning:
1. I went to get gas and I never care about it being even or anything like that. I just pump until it’s full! I got gas before I drove home from school one day and it stopped at exactly 31. That never happens!
2. Unlike pumping gas, when I go to the gym I normally stop at 30 minutes exactly on the treadmill or elliptical because at school you have to sign up and people are nuts and want to get right on at their time. But one day Samantha and I were early and could have gone for longer than 30 minutes if we wanted to. I forget why, but I decided to stop at a random time (with my book covering the clock) and when I looked it stopped at exactly 30 minutes. Crazy!
There it is, finally! Even though it took me a while, here’s proof that 21 does show up in my life all over the place. Do things like this ever happen to you? Sound off in the comments!
I hope you enjoyed this long-awaited post! Have a great rest of the week, bloggers! May “21” be ever lucky for you!