I drive back and forth from school a lot. Two hours on the same road can get really mundane and listening to the same songs I have on my iPod pretty boring.
Recently, I’ve been on a Pandora kick – listening to songs I don’t have the money to download but really enjoy. Oddly enough, I have exactly 21 playlists saved in my Pandora app. Can you guess what today’s post is about?
1. White Christmas Radio: I mentioned in my last post how I love the movie White Christmas. Well, on my ride home this past Friday I wanted some Christmas tunes, but was really hoping to hear “Sisters.” It never came on, but it’s good for some Bing Crosby.
2. Across the Universe Radio: Anyone ever seen this movie? It’s one of my favorites. It uses Beatles songs around its own plot. I actually only know most Beatles songs because of this movie. I have most of them on my iPod anyway, but the cool thing about Pandora is that I get other musical tunes on there as well. I love musicals. (Weird? Oh well!)
3. Cinderella Radio: Okay, this one was an accident. Who knew that Cinderella was a heavy metal band?! I was trying to get songs from the movie Cinderella, the one with Brandy. So I’ve never actually listened to this playlist, but it’s on there nonetheless.
4. Ashlee Simpson Radio: I’ve seen Ashlee Simpson in concert twice (don’t make fun of me!) and sometimes I just feel like listening to “I Didn’t Steal Your Boyfriend!”
5. Taylor Swift Radio: This one I’m not really proud of. There are a couple T.Swift songs I like – but I reallllly do not like her. She is fake country. I don’t know why I have this playlist actually..
6. Today’s Hits Radio: This one is good when you don’t have a good radio station where you are, but feel like listening to the same crap the stations play.
7. 90s Pop Radio: Remember what you listened to back in the day? It’s all here. And it’s all wonderful.
8. Beauty and the Beast Radio: I could watch this movie over and over again and I never get tired of listening to its soundtrack. I’m seriously just a little kid at heart.
9. Hairspray Radio: I’ve been listening to this one a lot lately. I just can’t get enough “Without Love” and “Ladies’ Choice.” If you haven’t seen the movie, you’re missing out.
10. The Sound of Music Radio: Probably one of my all time favorite movies. This and Hairspray Radio are pretty similar, actually, because you get the some of the same songs.
11. Nickelback Radio: Please don’t hate on me for liking Nickelback. I don’t know how I feel about the whole Chad and Avril Levigne thing… but I’m staying true to my love for the band.
12. S Club 7 Radio: Oh, please, bring back the day when S Club 7 had their own show and their songs were stuck in my head and I was creating dances to their music on my front lawn with my neighbors. Maybe this station is my way of reliving my childhood.
13. Blake Shelton Radio: Ah, Blakey. I love this man! I never thought I’d say this, but I’m starting to like country music. A lot of the songs I have on my iPod now that are country I found because of this playlist.
14. The Script Radio: Ever heard the song “Man Who Can’t Be Moved” by The Script? That song was pretty much the reason I got this playlist.
15. Backstreet Boys Radio: BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSB! My boys. I was not an NSYNC girl, I was a Backstreet Boys girl all the way. This playlist is amazing. I’ve also seen them in concert twice, by the way – once when I was 8, the other… when I was 19.
16. Danny Gokey Radio: Want to know a fun fact? I met Danny Gokey when he came to the Big E in Springfield a couple of years ago. Danny was an American Idol contestant in season 8. He came in third, but has an incredible voice. He’s not bad to look at either.
17. High School Musical Radio: I am not embarrassed to say that I am, and probably always will be, a High School Musical fan. I remember when the first one came out and I think I can confidently say I know all the words to every song in all three movies. Yes, I’m 21 years old and no, I don’t care what you think!! If Zac Efron ever used the pick up line “So, have you ever seen High School Musical?” on me, it’d probably work.
18. Just a Feeling Radio: I was experimenting with this one. Pandora says you can put in a song title so I tried this one. It’s a Maroon 5 song (lol, obviously!) and I don’t even remember what came up. Probably nothing good since I haven’t listened to it since that day.
19. Maroon 5 Radio: This is so low on the list because I think I wore out this station. When I was in D.C. I listened to this radio almost every day. Plus, since I have every Maroon 5 song on my iPod it was time to switch it up.
20. Christmas Radio: Oh the weather outside is frightful, but Christmas Radio is so delightful! I thought I would get sick of it pretty quick on my way home, but I actually listened to it for over an hour. In reality, I could probably listen to it all day.
21. Disney Movies Radio: Okay, I’ll be honest. I miscounted the first time. I only had 20. But I picked this one because songs from Disney movies are always fun to sing especially when you’re by yourself in a car and can belt them out. Don’t judge me.
So, bloggers, what’s your favorite Pandora playlist? Sound off in the comments!